Thanks to a three-year grant from the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation, Causewave can offer capacity building grants to nonprofits in Genesee and Orleans counties to help address a variety of issues and projects. These funds are available to offset the cost of Causewave services.
Common Projects Include:
- Building staff and board consensus around the organization's mission, vision and brand
- Strengthening boards of directors
- Increasing awareness and participation in programs
- Developing strategic plans to guide organizational decision-making
- Unifying cultures of merging organizations
- Aligning programs with core values
- Making the most of leadership changes
- Researching the perceptions of key stakeholders
- Planning and executing mission-driven events
- Developing fundraising plans
Organizations must have an operating budget of $2 million or less. Funding may be used to serve nonprofits with missions or programs that relate to one or more of the following:
- Children and Youth (programs beyond K-12 education that encourage success)
- Youth Adults and Working-Class Families (skills training and education that lead to finding pathways to well paying jobs and increased independence)
- Caregiving (support for caregivers through skills, resources, education and respite)
- Healthy Communities (community design and access to space, support for healthy living, non-profit productivity and innovation, or economic development)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do we need to apply?
We ask interested organizations and programs to fill out this short questionnaire. Your responses help us ensure we allocate funding to nonprofit partners eligible for our funders' requirement. Grant funding is limited and is applied on a first-come, first-served basis.
Is it a cash grant? Can it cover capacity needs like new equipment or software?
It is not a cash grant. The grant funding is available to cover the cost of Causewave services to organizations that might not otherwise be able to fund these types of projects.
What costs are involved?
In keeping with our funder's expectations, these grants require some financial investment from nonprofit partners. Generally, grant funding covers 75% of the total cost of a program. Costs are based on the scope of the project and time investment from Causewave.
When is this funding available and when will the projects actually begin?
If you're interested, we encourage your organization to reach out as soon as possible, as funding is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. The dollars are available immediately, and the actual timeframe of the work will be determined later with a Causewave staff member.
What's our next step?
If you are ready to get started, please fill out the questionnaire posted below. Please contact Marta Driscoll, Program & Outreach Manager, at (585) 442-0200 x206 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or to learn more.